Pages

Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Injury and phd

I'm now into my 4th week of horrid pain from my fractured rib and pain killers rule my waking hours. I don't sleep well at any time and tend to have short sleeps then watch some Star Trek then have more short sleep. 

I'm mid communication with my supervisors about this time off and I know it's going to have an affect on my study, but I can't do much about it. The pain means I can't function and the medication dulls my brain and makes me sleepy, so driving to uni and studying isn't really possible. 

I feel some stress about it, I feel like I'm failing and should just harden up and get to uni. This year has been incredibly stressful and I think this time off gives me a chance to regroup and refocus as well. 

I know I've got my own shit but for some reason this just makes me feel like a terrible person, I'm trying to work through it but I'm just feeling down about it today 

No comments:

Post a Comment